Jan Hedberg, K-8 WBL Coordinator
Office Location: 1560 South 200 East, Salt Lake City, Utah 84115
West High School: Catherine Miles, 801.578.8500, ext. 406
East High School: DeEtte Barney, 801.583.1661, ext. 2012
Highland High School: Caroline Wall, 801.484.4343, ext. 168
The Work-Based Learning Coordinator provides assistance to K-6 teachers for USOE CORE connected Work-Based Learning activities; 7th grade TLC Core Curriculum, and 8th grade Career and Technical Education courses.
• Introduce, implement use of and maintain the Utah State CORE connected (CAPS) Career Awareness Packets for Pre-K-6th teachers and their students.
• Locate and refer: Guest Speakers for career related topics from the K-6 Core Career Connections.
• Arrange: "Vehicle Day" for grades K-3.
• Sponsor: "What I Want To Be When I Grow Up” day for grades 1-3; "Career Day" for grades 4-6
• Sponsor: "Take Your Child to Work Day" held on a non-school day.
• Train for use and implementation of the USOE K-6 Core Career Connections Site: http://www.schools.utah.gov/cte/wbl.html
• Coordinate Field Trips/Industry Tours between businesses and classes
• The Work-Based Learning Coordinator works together with the guidance counselor(s) and the CTE Intro teachers to implement 7th grade TLC (Technology Life Careers) CORE course: http://www.schools.utah.gov/cte/cteintro.html
• The Work-Based Learning Coordinator assists with training and implementation for teachers of the USOE 7-8 Core Career Connections Site: http://www.schools.utah.gov/cte/wbl.html
Career Awareness Packets
Work-Base Learning Forms
Hazardous Training Agreement
Long-Term Activity Authorization
Internship Record of Hours Worked
Internship Skills Grid
Internship Skills Grid -- Blank
Student Training Agreement
Career & Technology Education
Career Core Connections
Areas of Study
Comprehensive Counseling & Guidance
Work-Based Learning (WBL)
SALT LAKE CITY
Your Best Choice
"Good teaching comes not from behind the desk but from behind the heart."